Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby Bean (Anyah) Update


Don't look down...belly view from my perspective at 26 weeks...

My pregnancy with Layla was on the edge of your seat scary. The result was I talked about it ALOT. My pregnancy with Anyah started rough but is still less scary than the first time around so I find that I blog about it a lot less. I mean with Layla there were like 5 or 6 sonograms and several blood tests and I saw my OBGYN more than I saw my parents. With Anyah we're going to be solid with 3 ultrasounds, several blood tests and I only see my OBGYN about once a month.

On my last visit he accidently dropped the bomb that I did test positive for/have pneumonia back at Christmas. He just didn't tell me because he didn't want me to panic. It does explain the day I took a blood test and was then called at work and told to go home immediately and stay there for a week. It also explains the extra long time spent checking for fetal heartbeat at my last visit and making sure Anyah was ok. But, the lung funk is gone now (thank the lord) and all and all it's just baking baby busy over here.

Anyah recently discovered she can torment me in the middle of the night by kicking Layla when she feels her touching me. That's fun. Yesterday I put Layla's hand on my belly and let her feel Anyah kicking. Layla freaked out, she won't touch my belly now...also fun.

This pregnancy is different than last time. At this point I have finally put on 2 lbs which puts me a solid 23 lbs (give or take) below my weight when I started, but we're not done yet. We're at 26/27 weeks (depending on who you ask) and while that feels like "almost done" I remember from last time that it really drags at the end. I personally don't feel like I look like I've lost weight but the pants I bought Jon's birthday weekend that were a little tight...well...now they fall off when I walk upstairs if I am not holding them and I am 6 months pregnant...so...um... I guess at least I must be a different shape.

Occassionally I get the heartburn, but not like last time. This time I get more leg and toe cramps. Totally managable. But, the main difference is that with Layla I didn't get a stretch mark until the end of my pregnancy and then I got 3...exactly 3. This time I look like a zebra. The funny part is that according to the Dr I have more this time because I was a big girl and then I lost weight (so my skin shrunk) and then I changed shape (without gaining but with lots of stretching) and now I'm tight in the tummy section. I sorta wonder what that will look like when there isn't someone occupying my tummy.

And that...is the status of that...


1 comment:

Mel said...

You are doing better than me! I had stretch marks from Faith and with Brooke they multiplied...it was horrible...now if only I could get rid of them!!