Monday, January 18, 2010

Fuel


Yesterday in a facebook comment another Mommy blogger friend of mine said she was delusional. Every time someone tells me they are delusional I say the same thing someone said to me almost 5 years ago.
"Delusions can be cured with good beer or bad company, choose the beer, the headache is shorter lived"
Witty no?
It's from back in a time in my life where it was not uncommon on a weeknight for a group of random people to get together for dinner and drinks after work. We were all single, we all had adult jobs, and we all liked to laugh and mock the "burdens" that life threw at us.

If I had known then, what I know now I would have taken more pictures and tried more mixed drinks. Now I'm lucky if I text a friend a couple times a week, phone calls are rare and dinner with drinks is like wish upon a star.
All grown up and suddenly thrust into a life with real responsibilities I take little glimpses of what I knew then and try to apply them but it's not the same. Not that I want it to be the same. I mean back then I didn't have Jon and Layla for whom which I would trade anything this world offers. But, if there was an option where I got to keep the loves of my life and still hang out once in awhile with a girlfriend without having to reschedule 5 times or where the people who used to come over just to eat dinner and a movie still thought we were cool enough to hang out with...well that would fuel my soul just as much now as it did then.

No comments: