Monday, January 04, 2010

Taking Moments


I want my daughter to know that it's ok to sit down and do nothing. I want her to know what it's like to spend quality time with others just talking. I want her to know the value of a friendship is not the cool things you did together but the uncool things you managed to enjoy together anyhow.
I look back at the moments that define my best friendships and I can feel them in my heart. I want her to learn to take those moments and hold them until she needs them so that she can get through hard times. I want her to know what it's like to be a good friend and to have a good friend.
I want her to know that there is nothing to fear about loving well and being loved well. I pray that she learns to take a moment to send love out into the world every day of her life like she does now. Because if she can still love people as vividly as she does now when she's a teeenager, or a young adult, or a middle aged mom, or grandma... she's going to change the world.

No comments: