Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spiritually Exhausted


It was a hard year. You'd think that would be reason enough to say that I am spiritually exhausted...but... I actually think I'm exhausted from all the poor soul choices I've been making. We've been eating a lot of processed crap in the last 6 months because it's easier on the budget and fast to get done when the world is throwing obstacles at you every night after work. I haven't been spending good quality time with my friends. I haven't had the time and energy to write. Mostly, I've been in survival mode. That's a pathetic excuse.
I'm not saving enough or getting enough time out of my processed diet to make it worth feeling like a slug all the time. Last week I bought salad stuff and I took a salad to work 3 times. I was amazed by how much more alert I was in the afternoons when I had something fresh to eat instead of something I ran out and picked up or something reheated in the microwave.
So as previously mentioned in another blog. I am trying to eat more like I used to eat before the toddler/full time job/pregnancy trifecta took over. Last night I threw together some "all natural" noodles from a box (to keep the toddler happy), asparagus, and a small steak which Jon and I shared. Sure enough, this morning I woke up with more energy then all of last week.
I think it's time to break the costco freezer box habit. At least for me anyhow. We've already been curbing what we let other people feed Layla. I think we're ready for real soul food.

No comments: