Friday, October 10, 2008

Everyone Knows It's Windy

Two days of the wind outside and today I woke up revitalized, refreshed, and overwhelmingly peaceful in my heart. I love the wind. Not as much as I love the rain, but it's a close second.

I can vividly remember what it was like to listen to the wind in the curtains laying in my bed when I was little. I can feel that same wind dance around me like it did when I spun in circles as a child. I am awakened by it like a child feeling the freedom of a high flying swing on a sunny autumn day.

My daughter on the other hand is restless. She doesn't know what that sound is outside her window and it keeps her awake. So today I'll show her. I'll show her the swing in the wind in the park and the breeze on the walk to the mailbox, how we can spin in it. I'll show her the wind in her hair. And I'll watch it for the first time through her eyes.

No comments: