Saturday, October 11, 2008

I hate you cat!

it's hard to see the rash in this picture but it's around her mouth and nose...


Today was my nieces birthday party. She turned two. My daughter turned into a giant rash. I love me niece and I was excited to celebrate her birthday but I don't know how I'm going to keep up with life as we know it when my child turns into a giant hive every time we encounter a cat.

Don't get me wrong. It could be much worse it could be a peanut or an orange or something with trace elements that hide in her food. She could go into shock and stop breathing or something horrible. Snot, itchy eyes and a small rash aren't that bad compared to what could have happened.


It just keeps getting worse and I'm not sure what to do. Two doses of benadryl later and I'm still dealing with a small rash on her face. The one on her back side (where she touched the changing table) and the one on her neck and chest and hands are almost gone but her face is still like a teenage food service workers.


Does anyone know a way to help a child with cat allergies at a house with a cat? I'm sending my pleas out into the Internet. Someone help us.


*An unrelated celebration of Nevaeh's birthday post is on Layla's site with pictures for those who are interested*

No comments: