Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Magic Ball


I wish there was a magic ball I could look into and see what I need to give her (other than love) to make her a well rounded person. I wish I could look into the future for a moment and see if she needs a dash more confidence, or humility or perhaps a little more book learning.


But there isn't.


There is no magical way that I will know that what I am doing is the right thing. I see her confident and funny and full of lifes new curiousity and I think I am doing good.


I give myself a gold star.


But, I just don't know. I don't know when to hold on to her hands, when to let her go, when enough is enough or when I haven't put in enough effort.


But, I do know this. There is love here. Love and forgiveness in this house will boil over. Love and a desire to be near each other. Never, will my child feel uncomfortable in the place where she was raised. She will always have a home. Here home will be in my heart.


And I don't need a magic ball to tell me that.

1 comment:

Candace said...

You have such a wonderful way with words!