Monday, October 20, 2008

It can be done

I've been looking for a job... since I don't know...forever ago. The economy sucks but I know I'm looking as hard as I can. I rate my success by my rejection letters. It's like that line in Meet the Robinson's "When you fail you learn something, when you succeed...not so much".

I've learned that it is possible to get 1 rejection letter EVERY single DAY for a WHOLE week and not die from it. I mean at least I feel like I have physical evidence that I'm applying for LOTS of jobs right?

So someone asked me... what do you want to do? Go back to school full time. That's what I'd like to do. No actually... I'd like a job where I talk to a lot of people and I don't have to stress out because I'm NOT in charge. I'd like to pay the bills without using two sheets of lined paper to make lists of what I want to do verses what I can actually do.

I want to work with kids. I want to work with adults who laugh. I want to talk to people who use complete sentences and can put on their own socks. (So I think that leaves me with anywhere but a rest home right?)

Mainly, I want to remember what it was like to get paid for a full days work.

Until I do...

I find my joys in little stupid things. Today my daughter turned a wheel above her head using a stick. That's using a tool to accomplish evil deeds. That's a smart baby. I take joy in her confidence, and the way she is constantly learning. Like today when she took great joy in shredding one of my rejection letters.

Now that's a skill a baby can take to the Mommy bank!

No comments: