Saturday, October 04, 2008

My New Phone

So on Wednesday, while stepping over a baby gate, I took a little spill in the kitchen. The spill ended abruptly, hands first on the floor with my entire body weight on my cell phone. Which in hindsight I guess was better than my face or my tail bone (which I've broken 2 times).

My phone snapped into two pieces, the top half hanging limply like a loose tooth from the bottom half. The LCD screen was not working, the only way you could use it was on speaker phone but of course you can't dial it because you can't see what you're dialing or when someone calls.

It was dead. After calling A T & T it was determined that replacing my phone using the insurance was a $50 plus shipping experience but I was eligible for an upgrade. So on Friday when I got paid I called to find out about the upgrades.

I've wanted a Pearl (Blackberry) FOREVER but they retail (whole price at $329.00 on the internet, $199.00 with a new plan, or apparently $149.oo with my upgradable phone discount.

So... we started looking at other phones that were less than my insurance because the MOST I would be willing to pay would be the amount of my insurance. Most of those phones were refurbished. My phone would be "refurbished" too if I used the insurance. I'd get my phone back... but fixed.

Then it happened. Right while we were on the phone with A T & T a refurbished Pearl became available... guess how much it costs??

$4 more than using my insurance that's how much! I know... AMAZING

And I have to have a phone because I give my cell number to every job I apply for. Which lately, is lots and lots of jobs because my time on Unemployment is getting increasingly shorter.

So until Monday when my new phone arrives from DHL I'll be reachable by home phone (when I'm home) and by nothing else when I'm not because...well... that's what happens when you part your cell phone like the red seas.

1 comment:

Eden said...

Chads phone died once and until we got the one from the insurance, AT&T gave us a loaner. Just thought I would mention that in case they didnt offer it to you.