Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fever! In the morning...


Layla woke up this morning at an ungodly hour with a fever. At 5 am she felt like her little body was boiling from the inside. So we went downstairs and had a cool bottle and ran around under the fan in our diaper with the door open to let in a cold breeze. (Some people believe in the cold bath...but it was early so I worked with what I had). After a dose of tylenol and 30 minutes in the near nude. The fever was just slightly warm to the touch and I put her jammies back on and let her lay on the floor for an hour and watch Jack's Big Music Show. Then I put her down for a nap.


By now she's just mildly warm. But, she's sooo moody. Flinging things around, tugging on her overalls, throwing things, and head butting things that don't work the way she wants. It's funny in that pathetically heart breaking sort of way.


Stupid eye teeth! Don't they know I have a new phone and must spend all my spare time pushing buttons in my obsession to know what every single button does?? Guess not.


In other news, I got two rejection emails for jobs I didn't really want today. So I guess that's the end of those... not that I care. I also got a call for another interview. Lucky me. I'm still waiting to see how I did at the interview yesterday.

This morning my lovely hubby put baby latches on everything in the kitchen the baby can reach so that I can get rid of the kitchen gate and hopefully not trip over a baby gate for the 4th time. After all I've destroyed my ankle, knee, old cell phone, and one plate of food... I think that's enough damage for 1 month of a baby gate.

No comments: